Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gabi Letter 5/2/11

Hello all! <3 I know it has been quite some time since I have posted, SORRY!!!! Mission life is busy and from those who have sent me letters and I have yet to respond, SORRY!!! again, I have a list of you I'm working my way through. I will definitely respond, promise.  If I don't, blame my forgetfulness, it is not intentional.
So, a lot has happened with in the past few months! I have had 2 companions within the past 3 months and my current companion, Sister Stout, is heading home.  Come May 11th I'll have a new companion, I'll keep you posted.  Some things about Sister Stout, 1) she is just awesome and so fun, 2) it's cause she is #15 out of 16 Kids! haha, that isn't the only reason but I thought it would fun to through that in. If your wondering, all of them are from the same 2 parents and there are 2 sets of twins. haha.
The area we are in right now is called Brentwood, it is a very nice area and we just love our ward so much!  The ward mission leader is Brother Smith, he is fairly young and he and his wife are just great.  Brother Smith is always doing what he can to help us, as are the Ward missionaries and other members.  Even though we do have a lot going for us in that aspect we are having a bit of a difficult time finding anyone that really wants to make a serious commitment or take what we are teaching and really apply it.  We are praying a lot and doing our best so we know we will find someone soon. =]
The Visitor's Center is awesome as well.  These past few weeks we have been setting a lot of goals and working on a lot of different aspects in the Visitor's Center that we want to improve on.  I love healthy progression. Last night we had a concert by Sister Fonokalafi's cousin (she is one of the Sisters in the Visitor's Center and one of my best friends).  It was amazing, he invited his friends - Zion's Voice- to come in and perform with him.  I was blown away.  I really love seeing people's talent come out and shine, it is such a gift to me!  I feel like there is so much I want to be able to do and learn, for example - play the ykelele, piano, learn how to sing properly, etc. hahaha. I'll get there.
I have just been loving this experience and I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for this time to grow and learn and to become more like the person he wants me to be. I love you all and I'll write more next week! PROMISE!!!!
Hermana/Sister Schumacher

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds wonderful Gabi. Please don't stress about writing back to me. I don't need you to do that. Write to your family instead and just know that I know you would write back except you have much more important things to do. I just want to write to let you know I think about you, encourage you and let you know that I think you are awesome and am so proud of your accomplishments. Keep up the good work and remember that someone in Utah loves you and is praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gab can't read that but I'm definitely sending it along to her!

    ReplyDelete