Friday, October 7, 2011

9/26/2011

Family, Friends =]
 
Life has been wonderful.  Here we go, some of the happenings in West L.A.   The Westdale 2nd Ward is one of the most versatile groups of people I have ever been involved with.  They are incredible!  This past week has been pretty fantastic.  Tuesday night, the 20th, my companion and I went tracting around Culver City and not having much success except for the few polite conversations ending with 'I'm not really interested but thanks,' as we were walking to the next house my companion spotted a woman pulled over to the side of the road trying to get a desk into her mini cooper.  We asked if we could help and she let us and asked what we were doing. My companion simply stated that we were talking to people about Jesus Christ.  She invited us to come over for tea (herbal) and said, I want to hear what you have to say. It was wonderful! We are still working with her but we will see where it goes.
Also, my compaion, Sister Bodily is just wonderful.  She made sure that I felt like it is my birthday.  It was a wonderful day.  We had Visitor Center Training in the Morning and everyone sang to me, then we headed off to do service for a old folks home in Santa Monica.  We push the residents down to the Farmer's Market and spend some time with them.  Wednesday I was lucky enough to be matched up with Jean,  she has now become a friend of mine and we had a wonderful time.  For Lunch, My companion and I had packed a picnic and we sat on a look out off of Ocean Ave.  It was beautiful.  The lessons and people we saw after that went perfectly and the dinner that night was to be with the Krantz family.   They spoiled us rotten.  We got sent home with a ton of food and I was sung happy birthday. They also gave me a beautiful bookmark for my scriptures. Later in the week we had the opporitunity to help Randy Hull get ready to be baptized.  He was baptized and confirmed this weekend and it was a wonderful experience and uplifting for everyone involved.  My companion and I and another sister preformed a musical number and we heard that it pretty good so I was content (I'm thankful Heavenly Father answered that prayer for me).  So far so good!  Of Course there are still times that aren't too wonderful and that I wish I could bury myself in a hole but the Lord is always there, always listening and waiting for me to ask for his help.  I am frequently reminded of all of you who make my life the best it can possibly be and I'm thankful to you all. 
with love,
your missionary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment