Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

Here is what has been happening with me (summarized).  This past week has been full of miracles,  We have been teaching Alejandro for a while now and he finally excepted a baptismal date last night.  He will be baptized the 6th of Feb. if everything goes well. 
We also stopped at one of the members houses to say hi and it turned out that she really needed some comforting because her mom (who lives in Mexico) just had a stroke.  Sister McCollough was able to share the perfect scripture with her and when we left we all felt better. 
Oh, By the way...  I meet President Uchtdorf and his wife yesterday.  hahaha, I am NOT kidding.  The Visitor Center Director's didn't tell us that they would be coming in until a few hours before they arrived.  I talked with him and his wife for a little while.  When he read my name he said, "Schumacher, that is a strong German name", and his wife came up to me and gave me a hug.  Elder Mcdonald (visitor center director) spoke with me after and said, "Funny thing sister Schumacher, every time Elder Uchtdorf saw you he always stopped to speak with you."  WOW!
haha, it is so crazy.  I never expected to meet a member of the First Presidency while on the Mission.  It has been quite a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment